Ways to Serve Wine in a Restaurant That Will Impress Your Guests
There are many different ways to serve wine in a restaurant setting. Some methods are more elaborate and impressive than others, but all can effectively create a great dining experience for your guests. Here are few of the most common wine serving techniques, along with some tips on pulling them off like a pro.
Proper serving wine techniques
There are a few things to keep in mind when serving wine in a restaurant. First, always use clean glasses. Second, the right wine glass can make a big difference. Choose one that will show off the wine’s color and aroma. Third, don’t be afraid to experiment with different serving temperatures. Red wines, for example, can be served slightly warmer than white wines. Fourth, serve the wine at the correct pressure. Too much or too little pressure can affect the taste of the wine. Finally, don’t forget to pair the wine with food. The right pairing can enhance both the flavor of the wine and the dish itself.
- Serve wine in crystal decanters to show off its pedigree.
- Present wine poured from a height for an extra-classy look.
- Serve specialty wines in specialized bottles or containers. For example, port can be served in a decanter made specifically for port, or champagne can be served in a long flute glass.
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to impress your guests with your wine-serving skills. Cheers!
How to taste wine like a pro in a restaurant
There’s no need to be shy about wine tasting when you’re out at a restaurant. It’s encouraged! Here are a few tips on how to taste wine like a pro so that you can enjoy every sip to the fullest:
- Take a good look at the wine before starting sipping. Is it clear or cloudy? What color is it?
- Swirl the wine in your glass to release its aromas.
- Take a small sip and let it linger in your mouth before swallowing.
- Pay attention to the flavor and texture of the wine. Is it sweet, sour, or bitter? How does it feel in your mouth?
- Finally, ask yourself if you enjoy the wine and would like to drink more of it.
Following these simple tips, you’ll be able to taste wine like a pro in no time!
Restaurants use tricks to get you to drink more wine
Did you know that restaurants use tricks to get you to drink more wine? Here are some common ways they do it:
- They serve you a small pour.
- They have a “wine of the day” that’s usually overpriced.
- They bring the bottle to your table and pour it before you’ve had a chance to look at the menu.
- They give you a free sample of an expensive wine before you order.
- The waitstaff recommends pairing wines with specific dishes, even if they’re not necessarily the best match.
If you’re not careful, these tricks can make you spend more on wine than you intended to! So next time you’re out to eat, keep an eye on your wine consumption.
Do you have any other tips for avoiding overspending on wine at restaurants? Share them in the comments below!